Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Key

 How do you get by with this vintage look that so many of us love?  What does it take to pull off a unique, one-of-a-kind feel to a room?  Do you ever worry, "Does this just look crazy?"  or "Will anyone 'get' this?"  What is the key to decorating well?

I have an old painters' ladder leaning against a wall in my living room.  My brother-in-law likes to tease me and ask "What are you doing with that ladder?" Anytime we have a party or family gathering, he talks someone into coming up to me and asking , "Hey, Elizabeth, I was wondering, what are you doing with that ladder?  Are you painting that wall or something?"  Ha ha!  We all get a good laugh out of it, but if I didn't know better, I would think he doesn't "get it" when it comes to my decorating style! 
From FunkyJunkInteriors.blogspot.com
I recently found this quote in Country Living Magazine from Sarah Gray Miller, Editor-in-chief...

"Confidence is Key.  Value shouldn't be determined by the sticker a shop owner puts on a given object, but by how much you like it.  Trust your taste, and you'll be free to fall for what you really love..."

Good advice, right?  The key to pulling off your unique one-of-a-kind style is to have confidence in what you are doing.  If you LOVE it, that means it is YOU.  And if it looks crazy, that is okay.  That means it will be a conversation starter!  And who doesn't love to be part of a great conversation?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...